Thursday, February 16, 2012

What is Sopa

­I liked this reading a lot it argument and had a great claim. The claim is Sopa danger to society and should not be passed and stopped at all cost. SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) is a bill that would give power to big business owners that could shut off a web site and just claim it was infringing on their copyrights. This would create an internet black list which means no one can go to that site anymore it doesn’t exist.  There is one flaw with this reading it only gives one side it does not go in depth on some of the good of the bill like it would mainly target foreign companies and leave Americans alone. Personally I think they would abuse this power and just go after everyone. I always hear bad about this bill I never see any good things that could come from this bill. In the end, I would agree with this author that SOPA is a terrible thing and should never be passed. Sad to say Harry Reid drafted another version of this bill under the name cybersecurity. I think it Is just another name for SOPA . Congress wants something like this to pass and is going to do anything they can to pass a bill. 

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with what you are saying. This a great article in favor of SOPA, but I still feel like it is lacking something. I feel that it could be a stronger argument. I feel like that they would go after everyone. At first, they make you feel like you are safe, but really is anyone safe? I do not think so. But I feel also, we as people really have no say. The government likes us to think we have the say to keep us thinking like we are in control, but in the end we are puppets being controlled by the ultimate puppeteer--- The Government.

    ReplyDelete