Tuesday, February 14, 2012

College Athletes Should be Paid

This argument made a good claim that college athletes should get paid to play. I personally don’t think athletes should be paid because most of the athletes have scholarships to go to the school. Couldn’t you call that getting paid? They do make a lot of money for the school but most of the students are going to the school free while others have to pay. Because of that I don’t think they deserve to get paid. Spending money in college is an important thing these athletes do not have time to go get a job because all their times going into the sport and what is left goes to schooling.  The might be entitled to some money not a lot but some. They do a lot of work for the school and there is a lot of money that comes out of sports. The players should get a cut of it so they have some money to live off. I have mixed emotions about this subject as you can tell.  College players do deserve some money but not a lot because the school is paying for all their classes. In the end I liked this article it open my eyes of the thought of paying college athletes.

1 comment:

  1. This has to be the hardest post to comment because you go back and forth at least twice Lol. The guy said about $100 a week, so they can go to the movies; buy an IPod… whatever. So is that enough, too much, I don’t know, I just don’t know you should have been more clear about it. I think they should even get more than $100 a week I’m talkin like $25 a day, grab a pizza, supersize it, they should live like college kings. Now I fully agree with athletes getting paid in college either well I didn’t before, but just like you I switched it around.

    ReplyDelete