Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Price We Pay By Adam Mayblum


I liked this reading a lot. It brought back memories on what had happened on that terrible day. The author, Adam Mayblum did a very good job on this essay. He did use a lot of short sentences which made me read it faster. After I was done reading it I realized that the author’s main purpose was to inform the audience about a personal account of what happened on 9/11. This can be considered as a narration because it was a personal account of an event. There were a lot of fragmented sentences in this essay but I still understood what the author was trying to convey.  He was trying to convey that the hijackers did not terrorize America but rather united America. I was not expecting to be reading this from the title; the title misleads you into thinking it will be about something different in my opinion. The author did a good job in creating a mental picture of the events that took place. It really felt like I was there with him running down those stairs of tower 1. In the end, I really learned a lot from this reading. I learned that life should be treasured more. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment