Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Once more to the lake by E.B. White


I did not like this reading it was too hard to understand and read. The author put way too many things in on sentence which just made it difficult comprehend what he was trying to convey. Other than that I thought it was good story line. E.B. White is an educated man I can tell by his schooling and the number of his successful books. Some of his most successful are Stuart Little, and Charlotte’s web. These books are some of the most famous children books. Some of White’s metaphors do not make sense like when he compares putting cold swim trunks on to the “chill of death”.  I can relate to going to the lake in Maine because as a kid my dad every summer would take me to the same lake in Michigan. I have some of the same memories as White does like getting up early to go fishing in the lake before everyone gets up. Some of White’s sentences are so long and have too much going on that I just get lost and after I don’t understand his point. In my opinion White was nauseatingly descriptive. Even though he was too descriptive It was a good reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment