Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Reading 3

I liked this reading, I have seen all the movies but never read any of the books. I never heard before that the movies were changed so much from the books. I figured there would be small changes like that of “Harry Potter. I think this reading is classified as a claim of fact. This is so because all of the data the author Erik Wecks presents could be proven by watching reading the books then watching the movies.  I think the author gave the title “Why the Hobbit Trailer Creeps Me Out” is because he is worried that like the other books this movie will have some substantial changes to the plot.  The author was very knowledgeable on this subject which made this reading very interesting.  One thing I don’t understand is why there making the Hobbit now when you know the most of the story from the previous movies. The author of this article was upset that the filmmakers changed the motivations of the characters, which I can totally understand. When filmmakers change the motives then they change the story. In the end, this reading was very interesting to read and opened my eyes to the fraud that some people feel like Gary Appenzeller. Who made websites after the movies came out pointing out the changes the filmmakers made. 

2 comments:

  1. Stefan, I definitely agree with you that this reading was a claim of fact. Clearly, all of this information can be referred back to by the books and the movies. But when I was reading this article, I thought that the reason he titled it “Why the Hobbit Trailer Creeps Me Out” was because of the song. I have never seen the book so I don’t know whether that specific scene has anything to do with the plot, so I had just assumed that it was a creative addition to the dramatics of the trailer. But I agree that Weck’s knowledge proved his reading to be more enjoyable even for someone with no background information about the series.
    -Avery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this an interesting article to read as well. I have also never read the books or have heard any specific details on how the movie was changed. I think that the article seemed like the author had a lot of knowledge over the subject and I would agree that this made the article more interesting. I think that the authors specific examples caused me to side with the article more than I thought I would have. I have never had any complaints over the movies, but it would be interesting to see how they would have been constructed with a different film maker.

    ReplyDelete