Monday, January 16, 2012

Reading 2 Augmentative Photos

The first image was taken during the great flood of 1937 and in the photo you see a food line. This was also during the end of the depression. The claim I think this photo is making is that America is a place where everyone can find a job and live comfortably. I think this photo is a contradiction because you have a huge line of people waiting for food yet there is a sign saying America has the highest standard of living.  Another contradiction I see is the people in line are all African American and the picture behind them is all white people. So is the photo saying that only white people can live this American dream?  The evidence that led me to my conclusion was the line of African Americans waiting for food. In the second photo the claim I think they are trying to reach is that the African American race was most affected by Katrina. My evidence of this is that in the photo they are all African American. I remember very clear that day and they days following this tragedy. This tragedy affected a large number of African Americans. Everyone blamed FEMA and the president for not reacting the way they should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment