Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The dog ate my disk and other tales of woe by Carolyn Foster Segal

From the beginning I knew this was going to be a very interesting reading. Carolyn Foster Segal is a very smart woman and has been teaching for a very long time. This reading is about the times where is Segal got very stupid but funny excuses why students could not show up or was going to turn their work there late. Some of them where just so absurd it makes them funny, then some are just pathetic. Segal wrote this with the intension of being funny in my opinion. Most of the excuses would never be okay with your employer why do people think it will work for school. School in some ways is my job all I have to worry about is getting good grades. To me my report card is my paycheck if I am doing good means I will do well in my career. I felt Segal was sympathetic for her students but I am sure she got to a point where she could tell when the student is lying and when they are telling the truth. In the end, I liked this reading it was very funny to me to read all the excuses college kids use. 

No comments:

Post a Comment